Avoid being billed based on an estimate of your electric usage by submitting a meter reading to NYSEG each month.
NYSEG attempts to read the meter every other month. On the months they do not read the meter, you will receive a bill based on estimated energy use. To avoid NYSEG estimated energy use billing, you can provide NYSEG with meter readings on the months they are not scheduled to read the meter themselves. The next scheduled meter read date is shown on page 1 of your bill.
You can provide your meter readings two ways:
- Online by clicking on “Account" then on “Submit a Meter Reading."
- By telephone using our self service line at 800.600.2275 (Please have your 11-digit account number and meter reading available.) - NYSEG
On your bill, you will see:
- "A" = Actual = NYSEG read your meter to get the exact usage
- "E" = Estimate = NYSEG estimated your usage
- "C" = Customer = Customer submitted a meter reading
To submit a meter reading:
Having trouble reading your NYSEG Meter? We can help with that, too.